What Have You Got to Lose With Slow Cooker Freezer Meals?
Who is ready to put a hot and nutritious meal on the table every night and eliminate the desperate run through the drive-thru? I know I am and that is why I am so excited about slow cooker freezer meals.
I often felt like my loved ones were not eating well and it was all because of my hectic schedule.
So, I decided to do some research to see if I could find a solution to my problem. That’s when I learned about slow cooker freezer meals.
I was really impressed with the idea so I thought I would give it a try.
And, boy what a difference slow cooker freezer meals made in my life. Now, even with my busy schedule I can have a meal figured out and even better – I can have a healthy chicken mealsitting on the dinner table at a decent hour.
Below are 5 slow cooker freezer meals that you can prepare in one day. Place in your freezer. It’s ready for you to prepare when you return home. Then, you can sit down and share a delicious meal with your loved ones.
But, first I want to give you some tips on how to prepare slow cooker freezer meals:
- You will need 1-gallon size freezer safe zip lock bags to get started.
- In the freezer bag, add harder vegetables, potatoes and other ingredients you will be putting in the slow cooker that require a long time to cook.
- Then when it’s almost ready to eat, you can add in the softer vegetables, like cooked beans, or sliced zucchini, or even some pasta at that point.
- If you are concerned about raw meat touching vegetables in these freezer packs, no need to worry since both ingredients are going to reach a safe temperature in the slow cooker once you put it all together,
- And, if your hectic schedule allows it, brown the meat ahead of time to give your meal a little more flavor.
- Also, make sure to label your zip lock bags with the name of the recipe, length of cooking time and high or low temperature. This will be another great time saver for you.
- For these freezer meals I like to just take them right out of the freezer. Take them out of the bag, and put them into the slow cooker. There’s no need to thaw them to cook ahead of time.
- To make slow cooker meals as easy as possible to store in your freezer, place them as flat as possible on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Once they’re frozen, you can store them standing up neatly next to each other, taking up as little space as possible.
- Remember, just by taking a little prep time you will have freezer meals, which will last up to three months, ready to go in your slow cooker any day of the week.
The Time is Now to Try These 5 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals
1. Slow Cooker Minestrone Freezer Meal
- Cut diced yellow onions, diced carrots, diced celery, minced garlic, chopped shallot, fresh green beans into third and add to 1-gallon zip lock bag
- .Next, add some corn, diced tomatoes, sea salt, ground black pepper, dried basil, dried oregano, and some vegetable broth.
- Then, press all the air out of the bag, zip it tightly and place in the freezer.
20-minutes before the minestrone is ready to eat, add in cooked kidney beans, cooked white beans, fresh zucchini and pasta, if desired.
2. Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken – A Quick Solution
- Add boneless skinless chicken thighs. raw cashews, minced garlic, minced fresh ginger, low-sodium soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chili paste, raw honey, and some ground black pepper.
- Next, press all the air out, zip it on up and then transfer this to the freezer.
This slow cooker cashew chicken in delicious served with steamed broccoli, and steamed brown rice.
3. Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Add boneless skinless chicken breasts, boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced tomatoes, diced red onion, diced yellow onion, minced garlic, corn, chopped fresh cilantro to 1-gallon zip lock bag.
- Also add two corn tortillas sliced into strips, finely chopped 1/2 jalapeno, ground cumin, sea salt, ground black pepper, chili powder, paprika, dried basil, dried oregano, lime juice, and low-sodium chicken broth.
- Now, press all the air out of this bag and zip it tightly, and then place it in the freezer.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker when fully cooked, shred it into pieces, put it back in slow cooker, stir it until mixed well and serve.
For these slow cooker freezer meals, you can use fresh or frozen vegetables or meat. Any of that’s gonna be fine because we’re gonna be freezing it for later.
4. Cauliflower Curry Freezer Meal
- First, add some boneless skinless chicken thighs to the bottom of a zip lock bag. Next add boneless skinless chicken breasts, one head of cauliflower broken into florets, diced yellow onion, minced garlic, minced fresh ginger, sea salt, ground black pepper, curry powder, and low sodium vegetable broth.
- Now, press all the air out of the bag completely, seal it tightly and transfer to the freezer.
- When this curry is almost ready to eat, add some coconut milk and frozen peas, stirring until completely heated.
- Top off the curry with a little bit of fresh cilantro when serving,
5. Chicken Parmesan Freezer Meal Saves Time
- Add some skinless boneless chicken breasts to the bottom of a zip lock bag.
- Then add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, minced garlic, sea salt, ground black pepper, dried basil, and dried oregano.
- Next, press all of the air out of the bag, zip it up tightly and transfer to the freezer.
When the chicken is fully cooked top it with a slice of fresh mozzarella along with some grated Parmesan. Then serve over some spiraled zucchini noodles, if desired.
Are You Ready to Try Slow Cooker Freezer Meals?
And, avoid cooking stress by preparing these make-ahead crock pot meals with ingredients that are suitable for everyone in your family.
I’m Sure You’ll Agree…
Once you have slow cooker meals in your freezer, you will always have the time to prepare a quick, healthy meal instead of feeding your family unhealthy fast food.
But, I Have a Confession to Make About Slow Cooker Freezer Meals…
At first, I was a little skeptical of the idea. But, after giving it a try, I am really excited about sharing these 5 slow cooker freezer meals with you.
And, perhaps this idea will be the ultimate time saver for you. Happy Cooking! – Jean
If you love the idea of slow cooker freezer meals consider this…
I researched & found a special on 6 quart programmable crock pots. Check it out before you leave.
Thank you for stopping in. Come back often for more slow cooker meal ideas, stories, unique crock pot recipes and cookbook reviews. – Jean